Sunday, February 8, 2015

FEBURARY YOTA update!

Good sunday everyone! Hope you are staying warm in this snowy winter.
here are my two YOTA projects. I made progress on both!
Mirabilia's Silver Moon Tea
Before


After
And HAED Fun Guys Snowballs Stocking.
Have 7 of 12 pages done and working on 2 pages.
Before
 After
We have the last of the indoor amaryllis blooming.
This was not supposed to be a Red Lion amaryllis... We have dozens. As a result I cross pollinated Red Lion with this amaryllis. I hope that the new seeds will result in a hybrid that looks more like it. Need to look up the name of this plant.
I have completed and am working on quite a few smalls. Save that for the smalls update at the end of the month.

My seour ami sent me more pictures of her tiny knitted creations. I am always amazed at Michelle's perfect knitting and attention to details.
 Adorable Hello Kitty's!!!!
I love the Hello Kitty bead purse. Michelle knits these marvelous animals with knitting needles that are the size of hat pins. Using DMC #12 and #8 perle cottons or DMC wool. Standing about 2 1/2 inches tall. Tiny pieces are knitted and sewn together. Absolutely amazing work. Michelle has sent me many animals and they make me smile every day.


Happy stitching everyone an thanks for stopping by!

Deb



12 comments:

Linda said...

Your friends knitting is absolutely amazing. I love them all.
Awesome progress on both pieces Deb.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress and wow! Those little animals are outstanding!

Pamela said...

Great progress on your projects! The little Hello Kitties are amazing too.

Preeti said...

Great progress on your stitching !! Those kitties are very cute :) Amazing work !!

Pull the other thread said...

Wow you made amazing progress on both your pieces. Very successful YOTA month for you. Those animals are so cute, what a talented lady she is.

Mii Stitch said...

The Christmas stocking looks absolutely fabulous!!!

Wendy said...

You have made a lot of progress! You must have been working on them non-stop

Suz said...

Great Progress!

Brigitte said...

It's always interesting to see these before and after pictures. Great progress on your two YOTA WIPs.
I love Michelle's tiny guys.

Irmeli said...

Wonderful WIPs and your amaryllis are so beautiful.

Justine said...

The Stocking looks fabulous and I love the colours in your Mirabilia. Your friend is very talented and obviously has lots of patience to stitch such small creatures!

maggie said...

Great stitching progress. The knitted hello kitties are amazing!
Love the red amarylis, mine is flowering now, i cant wsitto buy more now.