Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Smalls update!

I hope everyone had a nice Valentines day. My DH spoiled me rotten and will explain that after my smalls.
Time for the February smalls update and I have been a busy stitcher. Completed more than a dozen this month.
I stitched and finished
3 Little House Needleworks Hot Cocoa flat ornaments.
A tiny heart sewn into a sachet. This was a blog freebie. The blog, which is on my side bar, has many biscornu and smalls freebies for download. I plan to use this motif for a biscornu.
The first snowman block, on a pillow, Ursula Michael SAL. Using #8 perle cottons and light effects.
All four letters of the first instalment of the Lesley Tear ABC Blocks SAL. Stitching each block on an Anne Cloth afghan.
 Using #032 pearl Kreinik blending filament with DMC floss. And Kreinik #4 braid for the back stitching.


Another SAL is being hosted by palkolap.blogspot
A monthly. Each pattern is released, to a stitcher, on the first of each month. The current month has to be stitched, picture emailed, before the next month is emailed to you.
January and february completed into flat ornaments
 I wanted flat ornaments, rather than a sampler.

Also finished two more Lizzie Kate Santa 2000

Now for the Valentines Day DH surprised me with.
I asked him not to buy me 4 boxes of candy like he did last year. DH says it is not Valentines without candy. So I relented and asked for one box and a plant.  What did he do....
 Bought a TWO pound box. Then said "well you told me you only wanted one box!"
Another thing he did was to claim to update my Ipad. In January I was oohhing and aahhing over a sale that Keepsake Needlearts was having. Telling him how they were selling two 60$ Lanarte kit for $16.99. That night DH asked me if I had updated my Ipad lately. Told him yes, but I still have problems with it (getting old like the rest of us), he still thought maybe all the updates were not done. About two weeks later, just in time for Valentines, DH brings in a box for me. This was what was in the box.
 From Keepsake Needlearts. Everything I had looked at he ordered.

 I finally ordered a Polstitches hand dyed fabric grab bag. Each piece is 9x13 inches. This is the selection of fabric. I am thoroughly pleased with the colors. There are even two opalescent.
Now to find projects worthy of such pretty fabrics.
I hope everyone is managing to stay warm in this deep freeze weather.
Happy stitching!
Deb

19 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! You've been very busy. Love all the beautiful finishes, especially the Lizzie Kate and Little House Needleworks. Aw, how sweet; you have a good hubby there :-)

Meari said...

Your DH really did spoil you for Valentine's Day! Enjoy :)

You stitched a lot. Everything is so pretty. Kudos.

Linda said...

OMGosh Deb. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes. I can't imagine how you can get so many done in a month.
Hubby did fantastic for Valentine's day. Love your new fabric.

Linda

Bea said...

Wow, you're rocking the finishes. They look terrific. Kudos to your DH.

Tiffstitch said...

Awesome!! Great finishes and I wish that would happen when my DH updates my tablet. :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous finishes, love the ABC blocks♥

Irene said...

che belli i tuoi lavori e i lini sono fantastici

Preeti said...

Lovely finishes!! The ABCs look beautiful :)
Your hubby pampered you a lot ....you had a lovely Valentine's day:) What did you give him ?
My Bday comes on 13th, so on 14 th my hubby waits for a gift from me as he is done with gifting on 13th:)
So when is your next iPad update scheduled ;)?

Justine said...

Your finishes are beautiful, especially the flatfold finishes. Your hubby sounds like a keeper!

Pamela said...

Sweet husband, great stitching finishes!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful flat ornament finishes!! I especially like the Santa ones :)

karamino said...

So many cute ornaments!

Irmeli said...

What number of beautiful stitching and finishing. You have had busy needle.

Ruth said...

Wow -- I am so overwhelmed -- who do I congratulate first?!!?! You for your awesome finishing and stitching or your DH for extraordinary gifting???? How about we go for a universal WELL DONE!!!!!

Weronika said...

Such a beautiful job! Your DH is really spoiling you :). So much lovely stuff!

Brigitte said...

Oh my Deb, you were stitching up a storm last month. Soooo many finishes, and they are all so pretty that I couldn't even say which one would be favourite, lol.
Your husband spoiled your rotten for Valentine's Day. Such a great box of sweets and such a great new stash haul. He's definitely a keeper!

Marie said...

You are an amazingly productive stitcher! Such beautiful work.
Wow, your DH was beyond generous with his Valentine's surprise...lucky you.

Heather said...

Wow! Great job on all the finishes! And what a wonderful Valentine's Day you had!

gwendal said...

everything is amazing , the letters, the marvellous snowman , the hot cocoa flat ornament are gorgeous and the finishes are perfect and no word to say how your santa are fantastic . Ces pères noêl et petits rennes de noel sont si mignons avec ces couleurs eclatantes qu'on ne se lasse pas de les regarder . congratulations Deb