Sunday, March 8, 2015

MARCH YOTA UPDATE!

Hi all, time for my YOTA update. A little late. Only in semi retirement. Had to help DH with repairs on a 84000 pound water drilling rig. Massive vehicle for sure. Limited my stitching this weekend.
I made a little progress on Silver Tea Moon
before
After
my second piece is Fun Guys Snowball Stocking
For some reason I was in the mood for stitching confetti!
Before
After, not a whole lot done. Filled in confetti on the striped arm to the right.
I have a new project! Joan Elliott's Rose Goddess
Have a great piece of hand dyed fabric. Just the right color for her. Unfortunately it is 9 inches x 13 inches and not quite big enough. I decided to use the fabric anyway and stitch over one thread.
 Meet Rose
Stitched on 28 count Polstitches Serenade fabric. over one thread with one strand DMC.
 I did some fabric tests with the #4 Kreinik. Too thick/bulky for stitching over one thread on 28 count evenweave. I also tested two strands of Kreinik blending filament and that settled on the fabric well. So that's what I ran with. When I got to Rose's face, I stopped, and put her in rotation with other projects. This is, hopefully, what she will look like when finished!
Happy March everyone!

Deb



17 comments:

Pamela D. Atkinson said...

Your Rose Goddess is going to be gorgeous! I haven't seen the Silver Tea Moon one before; and the stocking~~oh my you do such fab work! Deb, hope you get plenty of stitching time in and don't work too hard on those big vehicles~must be hard on the nails? LOL hugs, and happy stitching, Queeny

Linda said...

Lovely projects and stitching Deb.

Linda

Meari said...

Nice progress on all your projects.

Preeti said...

Good progress on stitching !! Rosé Goddess looks beautiful!!

Brigitte said...

I always love to see youe WIPs and the progress you make on them. And you even have a new project on the go. Wonderful, this Joan Elliott design. And you are already rather far into it.

Anonymous said...

beautiful stitching, love rose goddess

Unknown said...

Deb, your stitching is lovely - you are very patient with your confetti!

Pull the other thread said...

Oh Deb all of your stitching looks absolutely fantastic! I love when I get the call to work on confetti as it is great seeing that detail coming together. Your new start looks fab and I love the fabric you chose. I'm really excited to see how this looks over 1.

Sarah said...

Great projects and a beautiful new start.

Kate said...

Terrific progress despite the lack of time! The new project is beautiful. Wow, stitching over one, you must have good eyes!

Sandie said...

You might have been working on a vehicle with hubby, but your stitching shows how much time you put into that. All your pieces are lovely, but I really love the Rose goddess piece, and the workaround you made to get it to fit the fabric. Happy stitching

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Stitching over one is exactly the sort of thing I do just so I can use the perfect fabric! It will look divine like this.

Your other projects look great too, lots of progress despite February being a short month and you being co-opted into helping hubby!

Faith... said...

Just LOVE your stocking! Everything looks great.

Justine said...

Great progress on your lovely WIPs and as for that new start, she's beautiful as is the fabric you've chosen to stitch her on.
Looking forward to your next update!

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress despite not having much time to stitch!

Suz said...

Good progress and beautiful stitching!

Ellen said...

No words to say how beautiful are your works! :) ...greetings from Italy :)