Wednesday, November 13, 2013

TURTLE TROT SAL UPDATE

Hi all!
Cooler weather is setting in. 55 degrees one day and 82 degrees the next. Garden doesn't know what to think. Although, with the cooler weather the blooms are lasting much longer.
Time for the monthly Turtle Trot sal update.
Here is the link if you would like to join!
BAP Attack: 2013 Turtle Trot
We would love to see what long term projects and quick projects you have been working on.
Here is my HAED 2013 sal Mystic Garden. The tigers are starting to make their apprearance. But I am going to have to step this one up, and have a stitching marathon, if I am to complete my page requirements on this one.

"A tisket a tasket I have a basket!" Brimming with biscornu's. (going to need a bigger basket...)My fixation with Kreinik metallics and biscornu, since I started using them for back stitching on my wizard,  is in full stitch mode. I am having a great time choosing Kreinik #4 braid colors and using them for just about everything. Really add sparkle!
 Newest addition finished last evening!
I have joined the Country Cottage Needleworks stitch blog and here is my continued work for the week. The tab is at the top of my blog if you would like to look in. Not sure how many places are left, but you can still look at very pretty stitching!
Stitched on 36 count hand dyed blue linen, with DMC variations and DMC floss. I was having problems with not finding the variations brown that I wanted. Too much of a bright copper color in parts of the thread. So I took one strand of the DMC #433 and one strand of the variations and came up with a better color. Then used one strand of DMC #304 and one strand DMC variations mixed berry and have the color I needed for the red. Blue and green are both DMC variations threads.

This ornament is also stitched with Krenik #4 braid(told ya I was having a great time with metallic's!)
Hobby Lobby has some very pretty rhinestone buttons and I have been taking full advantage of coupons and sales.
  They also had a package of pretty heart buttons with assorted pinks and a clear color.

I have a new feather tree to decorate!


Remember my TUSAL of gathered thread scraps?


This is what I ended up with! Filled 4 glass 3 inch ornaments.

The Krenik metallic's and my embroidery machine metallic's really added some nice sparkle. This one is my favorite! My new tree is way too small for these large ornaments. So I will be giving these to friends and family.

Thanks for looking in!
Happy stitiching!
Deb


4 comments:

cucki said...

Aww sweet finishes...
Big hugs x

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on your pieces and your biscornu's are gorgeous.

Linda

Preeti said...

Good progress on your projects!! HAED looks very complicated :) I am yet to try one.

Mii Stitch said...

Some lovely finishes! I like your biscornus :)