Monday, June 8, 2015

Late June YOTA post

Have a late YOTA post. Linda, over at Pull The Other Thread is kindly hosting the SAL for us. The link is on my side bar if you would like to join us!
 I was quietly sitting and stitching on my boy Fun Guy Stocking. Getting ready to update for my YOTA. THEN DH comes in and says "I'm going to install the new WiFi!" Cool! The old one was slow and a 2006 model. DH told me an hour installation, tops. Uh huh...... 6 hours later, with a road service call interruption, our internet was back on. Was having withdrawel because every time i reached for my Ipad I had to slap my hand. The old hand was looking pretty red after 6 hours..... In the mean time I cleaned up the confetti stitching on my guys collar and vest. While stitching I was distracted by the white snow "blobs" on my boys face. Decided to add some Kreinik pearl blending filament over the top of the lighter snow stitches. And the two gray stitches in his eyes. Much better result. His eyes have a sparkle and the light face blobs look more like sparkly snow.
HAED Fun Guys Snowballs Stocking, artist Linda Ravenscroft, 36 count linen, 2x2, full cross
Getting to the point where I can get a good run at his wings. Hope to have these two pages done for my HAED goals this year.

Before
 After

Thanks for stopping in!
Deb

13 comments:

cucki said...

It's a very sweet stitch..
Big hugs x

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress and glad you have wifi again!

gominam said...

Oh it's so pretty! Lol on the wifi story, haha:)

Preeti said...

Great progress!! He is looking sweet:)

Suzi said...

It´s so nice Deb, I´m looking forward to the finish

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress, this is such an amazing looking piece. I adore it!!

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic update!

gwendal said...

i adore it , i'm looking forward for the finish it will be amazing

Tiki said...

Wow, this looks great.

Irmeli said...

Pretty progress!

Brigitte said...

Wow, you made some great progress on the stocking.

Joysze said...

Coming along beautifully, Deb.

Summer said...

This is so lovely Deb.