Wednesday, August 14, 2013

TURTLE TROT SAL UPDATE.

Well. I have an excuse for a late post.... My camera battery has decided to hit the dust. It is still charging a little so it is slightly useable. Darn thing is only 8 1/2 years old. So, will be trying to hunt a replacement up. That's my story and I am sticking to it and not telling you that I also forgot it was the 13th ALREADY! Where has the month gone, who stole it and will they please give it back!
I had some finishes!
 This is my pride and joy for the month! Brooke's Books Belinda the Bat Witch from the 2013 Halloween Collectors issue of JCS magazine. I didn't have the #8 Kreinik. So I blended 2 strands. One strand of  #4 005 black Kreinik and one strand #4 Kreinik #3533 Purple Mambo for her cape. The DMC Memory thread was easy to work with. It is soft and easily shaped with fingers. Had an extra scroll rose and decided to use it for a purse.
This is a quilt square for a young lady who is to have back surgery next year. Done and mailed off.
 I made a mistake that turned into an ornament for someone in the hospital. I bought a package of 14 count aida. Package stated 12 inches by 18 inches. I had Gracie's quilt square nearly finished and decided to check in to verify the size of fabric needed. Well, the packaged fabric only measured 11 1/4 inches by 17 1/4 inches. I bought a larger package of fabric by a different manufacturer and restitched the proper size for Gracie. This is the first one made into an ornament.
 WIP's for the week include Mystic Garden HAED 2013 sal. Not a whole lot of stitches. About 100.

 New start. Precious Moments Butterfly Fairy for the new grand baby

 New start is a Jim Shore piece.
 Still having issues with the blocky Autumn Cat Magic.
I have many WIP's and there are 2 new links on the left side bar. They are my WIP's and Finished works. The links are at the top of the old numbered listings for the years work. So you can see what my WIP's are supposed to look like when finished!
Thank you for stopping by. Happy stitching!
Deb

5 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress on all your projects!!

cucki said...

beautiful progress...
so sweet x

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Deb. Great progress on your other pieces.

Linda

Unknown said...

Hi just found your blog and I hope you don't mind that I've put it on my blog list. Love your heaven and earth cat and the witch is great too. crossstitchangel@blogspot.com thanks and hope you see more soon.

SoCal Debbie said...

That's such a cute Halloween ornament! I love your new starts. You can never have too many! I think I have that HAED kitty in my Wish List.