Thursday, August 2, 2018

July is out with a bang!

Finished up July with a bang!
I came out of my comfort zone in finishing this one. Used chevron patterned fabric with checks. I covered a backing board with the chevron fabric. Then mounted my stitched piece on foam board with low loft quilt batting. Glued my stitched piece to the chevron board. Had some glitter stars, suspended on wire. Cut those loose and glued them in the corners.
The inspiration for this finish came from this wonderful blog https://priscillas2000.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2018-04-18T06:38:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=28&by-date=false
Well worth the time to cruise through Priscillia's posts.
Grand Old Flag, designer Rosewood Manor, 36 count flax, DMC threads and Artiste Iris brand red thread.

 More Hooties. designer Pinoy Stitch, 14 count plastic canvas, DMC threads
Time for some beach themed pieces to go with my August beach themed wall. Beach Bum Hootie ready for ornamentizing!
And the start of a Hootiesaurus.











My August wall is a bit sparse. Hope to correct that by the end of the month!


Hope you all are managing to stay cool and stitch!
Thanks for stopping by
Deb

11 comments:

Preeti said...

Lovely finishes! The owls are cute!

butterfly said...

I love the owls so cute.

Your wall of cross stitch looks great.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Deb.

Linda

diamondc said...

Deb: the finish is lovely I do like the chevron pattern.
Sweet owls.
Your header is an amazing display of beautiful items.

Catherine

Justine said...

Your August wall is stunning! Your latest finish is beautiful, you must really have been inspired by Priscilla's lovely blog.

rosey175 said...

Beach Bum Hootie! Hah! I like the names of all the little owls; such fun. :D I think your August wall looks awesome! I like the way the mermaid piece is done up.

Anonymous said...

Your August wall is great, where did you get the pattern for the crab life and sailboats?

thanida said...

This is your wonderful and beautiful blog. It is really a good post and would like to ask a question that maxbet

Lily Allen said...

Lovely finishes!The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share

clipping path

Anonymous said...

awesome

thanks
print

Unknown said...

Payroll Software
HR Payroll Software